Feb 18, 2009

Last night was our Applique Group meeting at the Quilted Pearl in Columbia. Everyone was working on setting up things so there are no pictures – sorry 'bout that.

But, more than expected showed up including a newbie quilter who was recently transplanted here from California. We say WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! By all conversations it sure sounds like she will be joining the land of Stashes and UFO's.

We also got our Chocolate Fix with Homemade Fudge made by one of the ladies -- it was GOOD!

Since there were no pictures from last night I'm adding a finished project of my own that was great fun to do. Since I come from the North – well, not THAT far North – this guy reminds me a little bit of some people I knew …. You know the "deer in the headlights" look. He now hangs on the wall by my DH's desk to keep an eye on him.
The flowers stand away and are held in place with 3 French Knots each. It's a technique I learned doing a quilt by Joan Shay.
Her quilts are easy but turn out beautiful! I did the Geraniums and bought the Hummingbird when I was in Paducah. I love hummingbirds and just hope I can find the right fabric to do it justice.
Keep Stitchin'
Geri

2 comments: